There are many different types of miners that you can use for mining Bitcoin; however, there are three main miners that you should be aware of when thinking about mining Bitcoins:
The Best Bitcoin Mining Software for 2021
1. CGMiner – a free open source implementation of a self-contained, high performance, multi-threaded miner in c for bitcoin.
The CGMiner is the most popular mining software among miners due to its user-friendly interface and helpful features. It is written in C and provides a reliable mining tool for Windows, Linux, and Mac. The version 4.9 has been released recently with several improvements and has been updated to support the latest FPGA devices like the Bitforce SC1 COMBO card and HexFury boards.
2. BFGMiner is a modular ASIC/FPGA Bitcoin miner.
BFGMiner provides functions for:
- Querying network and pool status.
- Remote interface capabilities and more.
BFGMiner also supports the highly configurable Bogosort sorting algorithm for selecting transactions to include in-block, and can be used with a number of different merge mining engines.
3. MultiMiner is a graphical application for cryptocurrency mining on Windows, Linux and OS X.
MultiMiner automates the tedious process of mining cryptocurrency with features like optimizing for profit, monitoring profitability, and providing real-time data on mining progress.
It also includes an intuitive interface that provides easy access to information on each cryptocurrency being mined.
This application was created for people who are looking to mine Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency but are not tech savvy enough to rely on command prompt software.
4. Awesome Miner is a Windows application to manage and monitor mining operations. The software provides the user with a console that displays statistics for various mining strategies, as well as individual miners.
This software is open source and written in C++ and offers various features such as:
- notification alarms for multiple miners.
- profit switcher – the Awesome Profit Switching feature which finds the most profitable cryptocurrency to mine at any given time.
- GPU overclocking.
- remote API. Awesome Miner can be controlled via API from third party applications such as BAMT or Telemachus.