The process of creating NFTs, such as Cryptopunks, is described below:
First, you must choose the artwork. Just as CryptoPunks uses avatars with female, male and alien faces, you must decide on the type of art you are going to use on your NFT. The main thing you must remember: your NFT artwork must be unique.
This is much easier than creating an image, but with multiple layers. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Choose the image editing app (e.g., Paint.NET) that best suits your pixel art.
- You may prefer a 24х24 or 32х32 canvas.
- Draw the head, ears, nose, eyes, and other elements as you wish in pixels.
- Run each element in different layers. (i.e. head on layer 1, ears on layer 2, nose on layer 3, and so on).
- Save each image in .png format, this will help you get them easily when merging images in the script.
- Create a directory with a memorable name, such as MYNFT, in the script folder.
- In the MYNFT directory, create a few more directories for head, ears, nose, and so on, make sure that the created PNG images are stored in the directories allocated to them.
- Set the programming language of your choice.
- Combine images using a proper script.
The steps above are only for developing and coding your NFT art. In order to make your NFT a valuable non-fungible token, you must do the following:
- Choose a marketplace to feature your NFT. A few popular places to place NFTs are OpenSea, Mintable and Rarible. OpenSea is one of the most popular and largest NFT marketplace. They are free to join and there is no moderation on what you can post.
- Connect your crypto wallet to the marketplace, now you can create your NFT collection and save your artwork. Upload unique artwork with every new NFT you create.
This completes the process of creating your own NFTs like CryptoPunks.